Bamboo Amazon Tours
– Welcome or Goodbye Cocktail
– Full transportation by private bus transport and engine canoe from Lago Agrio to Bamboo Lodge, during the tour and back to Lago Agrio
– Fully guided program with knowledgeable bilingual naturalist guide (english and spanish)
– Meals & drinks (breakfast, lunch & dinner (vegetarian or vegan meals possible) & drinks: water, coffee, tee, hot chocolate, lemonade/juice)
– Accommodation in standard room(comfortable & simple matrimonial, twin, triple or family ( 1 matrimonial, 2 single beds) rooms with private bathroom
– Rain poncho, life jacket & boots for the duration of the tour
Standard room: US$280 per adult
Jungle Suite: US$340 per adult
- 9 am meeting in Lago Agrio, 2 hours ride in a private bus to the Cuyabeno entrance.
- Lunch at the Cuyabeno Bridge
- First glimps of the amazing flora and fauna of Cuyabeno during the 2 hours canoe ride down to Bamboo Lodge, your guide will provide information about the amazon rain forest and the Cuyabeno reserve and you get the first chance to spot monkeys, birds, anacondas and much more
- Arrival at the Lodge at around 3 pm
- Canoe ride along the river and around the lagoon to look for pink dolphins and other wildlife, swim and enjoy the jungle sunset from the famous Laguna Grande
- Exciting jungle night walk looking for insects, spiders, frogs & reptiles
- In the morning you go for a 3 to 4 hours jungle day hike with a licensed naturalist guide (bilingual) who will explain about rain forest ecosystems, wildlife and medicinal plants. Even through most of wildlife in Cuyabeno you will spot from the canoe, of course you can always get lucky to see monkeys, deer, wildpigs etc.
- After lunch and some relax time you go out padding in our extra light canoes, getting the chance to spot more wildlife in silence without the engine noise, for the sunset you you get another chance to enjoy the sunset at the Laguna Grande
- At night you go caiman spotting by engine canoe: there are 3 different types of caimans in Cuyabeno, the largest one is the back caiman which grows up to 6 meters. You can also get lucky and spot boas & night birds
- After breakfast in the lodge you leave the lodge for a almost full day trip going deeper into the Cuyabeno forest (2 hours by engine canoe) spotting more wildlife until you reach the Siona community
- Visit the Siona indigenous community where a Siona woman will welcome you and take you to harvest yuca and she will show you the process of making casave (yuca bread) – of course you are welcome to help and try it
- Lunch provided by Bamboo Lodge at the community
- One of the Siona Shamans will explain about their shamanic tradition and beliefs
- Flexible: Swim and sunset at the Laguna Grande, depending on time you get back
- Dinner at the lodge
- Early birdwatching at 5.30 am, get up early to get the chance to see new bird specious you have not seen yet
- Breakfast at 8 am in the lodge
- Departure back to the Cuyabeno entrance at 9.30 am – your last canoe ride on the Cuyabeno river
- At the Cuyabeno entrance the private bus will wait for you and bring you back to Lago Agrio.
- Arrival back in Lago Agrio around 2 pm
- The private bus can drop you directly at the airport, at the bus terminal, or at the meeting point for the private transport to Quito
Important note: The order of activities can change according to weather conditions and organisation purposes.